Guy Kawasaki speaking tonight at UH

joel jijoel at lava.net
Tue Nov 13 22:24:40 PST 2001

On the last point, it wasn't (necessarily) a fixed number, just a ratio:

2001, you receive $5,000,000 in VC

2005, your business should be successful enough to return 20x the startup
capital to the VCs; in this case, $100,000,000. In order to do that, the
business would need to be worth $500,000,000.

Note, though, that if you just get $1mil from them, you'd just need to build
a $100mil business. In 5 years.

Ouch!

'think I'm gonna do it the old fashioned way...

--Joel