tarballs

some guy bfarnell at gte.net
Tue Nov 6 06:22:50 PST 2001

I've installed the new one right over the old one on a few programs without
any problems...someone told me that make will take care of everything,
which I doubt is true, but the program is going to:

a)use files with the same name -- they will be overwritten
b)not use files that existed before --they will hang out unused
c)worst case scenario -- exec all config scripts hanging out in a certain
directory during startup or 'glob' a bunch of files 'foo-bar-dev*', there
may be old scripts with names no longer used that might get looked at--this
is unlikely to be the case, though, very unlikely
Regards,
Brian