[luau]Hardware Recommendations for LTSP

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed May 9 22:41:59 PDT 2001

You are absolutely right.  SCSI RAID is for pure performance, but IDE RAID
has a much better price/storage/performance ratio.

That's how these guys can make a RAID 5, hotswap,1 TeraByte NAS appliance
for only $20,850.
http://www.raidzone.com
This box is SWEET.  They engineered it so that each IDE disk has its own
channel, and the disks are hotswappable.  It runs Reiserfs with a high speed
solid stage storage disk (some type of flash) for the journal.