DSL modem

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Wed May 9 17:59:12 PDT 2001

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Warren Togami wrote:
>line. Obviousdly this ain't gonna happen. The DSLAM shelf controller will
>DROP PACKETS somewhat randomly from everyone's feed. When packets get

Curious, doesn't the A in DSLAM mean ATM?  Also, doesn't the M in DSLAM
mean multiplexor?  Can multiplexors drop packets?

Also, last I checked, the bandwidth in the DSL package is guaranteed
bandwidth between you and your CO.  If your switch is dropping packets,
then that is false advertisement.  Are these ISP's allowed to do that?

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org