mysql

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Mon May 7 12:15:10 PDT 2001

Dave,
the stuff you're running into has to do with creating your own database
and tables AFTER installing and initializing MySQL.  To install MySQL, I
recommend the RPM if you're running RH 7.1 .  If you're running RH 6.2
or Debian, you may have to compile/install Apache, PHP and MySQL to get
them to all work together.  An EXCELLENT reference for this is a DevShed
article at

http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP/SoothinglySeamless/
.

-Jeff

dave wrote:

> I am giving this neat PHP program a try, it uses a MySql backend....I
> am not familiar with mysql, but with instructions I've been able to
> build the databases for most apps that require it....the following
> instructions are rather weird, I was wondering if anyone could make
> better sense out of them, its copied right from the INSTALL file.
>
> first create the database:
> mysqladmin -u <root-user> -p create database <your-database>

..... [major snippage]....