mysql

dave d.eason at home.com
Sun May 6 23:39:13 PDT 2001

I am giving this neat PHP program a try, it uses a MySql backend..I am
not familiar with mysql, but with instructions I've been able to build
the databases for most apps that require it..the following instructions
are rather weird, I was wondering if anyone could make better sense out
of them, its copied right from the INSTALL file.

first create the database:
mysqladmin -u <root-user> -p create database <your-database>

then:
( mysql -u <root-user> -p )
--
database->table user:
add:  localhost, <www-search>, password

and
--
database->table db:
add: localhost, <your-database>, <www-admin>, Y,Y,Y,Y

An example run:

insert into user (Host,User,Password)
values('localhost','www-search',password('mySecret1');
insert into user (Host,User,Password)
values('localhost','www-admin',password('myTopSecret');

and

insert into db (Host,Db,User,Select_priv)
values('localhost','your-database','www-search','Y');
insert into db
(Host,Db,User,Select_priv,Insert_priv,Update_priv,Delete_priv)
values('localhost','your-database','www-admin','Y','Y','Y','Y');

-> flush privileges; !!!

Now create the tables, and insert the sample data. You find them in
myphpPagetool/doc/tables-mysql.sql and data-mysql.sql

example: