kernel compiling question

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Mar 31 13:53:01 PST 2001

Aloha all,

	I'm trying to build a new kernel.  I downloaded and installed a source
rpm and setupthe config file etc.  'make dep' runs OK, but make bzImage bombs
with the following error:

# make bzImage
gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -o scripts/split-include
scripts/split-include.c
In file included from /usr/include/errno.h:36,
                 from scripts/split-include.c:26:
/usr/include/bits/errno.h:25: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [scripts/split-include] Error 1
#

Now I think this means that make is looking for files to include and is not
finding them in the directory it thinks they should be in.  I have tried
editing the 'makefile' by adding '-I/usr/src/linux/include' and other paths to
the CFLAGS  macro definition to no avail.  Whatever I try, I get this same
error.

	Any clues as to where else I should look???

Mahalos in advance,

Ben