RH 7 Pro & CompUSA

bfarnell at gte.net bfarnell at gte.net
Mon Mar 26 07:18:56 PST 2001

John Covey wrote:

> I stand by Warren, I knew one of their instructors and they were clueless.
> compusa was ripping off whomever attended those classes, that only reflects
> how much I would trust one of their red hat installs. more than likely it is
> none more that a dry install from the cd which you could do yourself in a
> few minutes at home rather than dropping it off, picking it up.....

I don't know about CompUSA staff, but I have to say a standard install
off a RedHat 7.0 is about as easy as you could wish.  It's a little
harder than a WIndows install, but not much.  Personally, I got a Debian
install (supposedly the worst) right the first time, and I had not done
any serious computer work since TRS-80s and Commodore 64's.  Of course I
used one of the Idiots's Guide series.  The trick is tweaking it to your
system, and I can garuntee they won't even attempt to do that for you at
CompUSA.  Perhaps someone on the list would like to take up a consulting
side job?  Hell, for the price you pay for the CD's at Comp USA, give
that and a few extra tens to somebody and and they can bring over their
CDS and fix you up right.
Regards,
Brian