HP PAVILION SETUP

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Mar 12 01:26:18 PST 2001

Pump is a DHCP, BOOTP and rarp client program.
Just install pump-*.rpm from your Redhat CD.

When you type "ifconfig" does it say your Roadrunner IP address anywhere in
the information for eth0?
That will see if DHCP is working.
Test to see if networking is working by pinging 24.25.228.1.  I think that's
the Roadrunner gateway.
If that works, test DNS by typing "nslookup"
If some DNS server shows up, then DNS is working and you should be able to
surf.