good parts

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat Jun 30 01:02:43 PDT 2001

Another good looking option:

Millennia XV $1,193.64
AMD Athlon 1.0GHZ Processor (200FSB)
256MB 133MHz SDRAM-2 DIMMs
40GB ATA-66 Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
8x4x32 CDRW w/1 CD-Rewritable
16x48x Variable Speed DVD-ROM
16MB nVidia Vanta AGP Card
17in Micron 700EX (16.0in viewable, .26 mm dp)
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live Value
SMC 10/100 PCI Network Card
http://www.micronpc.com/smallbiz/store/desktops/product_detail/millennia_xv.
html

I bought a few desktops from Micron in the past and I really like their
service.  Great prices, and most of the hardware is covered for 3 years
under the warranty (some parts 5 years).  I had a Geforce256 card fry itself
after two years  Called Micron, and they shipped a replacement card.  Turns
out they didn't have Geforce256 anymore, so they sent a Geforce2 MX instead.
I'm happy.  On an earlier machine a fan failed after 2 years due to
excessive dust, and a keyboard stopped working.  They FedEx'ed a new fan and
keyboard without even questioning me.