USB support

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Jun 28 02:30:49 PDT 2001

USB support (especially keyboards and mice) was backported to the 2.2.x
kernel somewhere between 2.2.16 and 2.2.18, so the 2.2.19 kernel of that
Debian version may support it "out of the box" if they compiled the
appropriate modules.  I remember reading something about the BIOS needing to
be in a certain non-legacy USB mode for Linux to autodetect it, but that may
have changed then.