Off Topic Win 98 question.

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Mon Jun 25 20:56:44 PDT 2001

Jon Reynolds wrote:

> hey Al, i run a win98 box with a AGP card using the detonator drivers also.
> But when i looked for your card i didnt see that it used the nvidia
> drivers. I did find the driver that is for your card, also does this
> monitor you have support 800x600 res? and is the machine a compaq presario?
> if the latter is true my sympathies. ;) here is the address that i found
> for your card:
> http://www.diamondmm.com/default.asp?menu=support&submenu=Legacy_Graphic
> s&item=drivers&product=Viper_V550
> <http://216.33.240.250:80/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=d868b88e2ebbc65e06
> 2d0a4fec47b593&lat=993449313&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ediamondmm%2e
> com%2fdefault%2easp%3fmenu%3dsupport%26submenu%3dLegacy_Graphics%26item%
> 3ddrivers%26product%3dViper_V550> when you run this executable you will be
> given the choice as to whether or not you want to expand or install, just
> let it install. If that dont work let me know what message you get and I
> will try and help from there.
> Jon
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to luau as: webmaster at hawaiidakine.com

Thanks Jon,

The box is one I built up and has a new Emachines monitor
that runs at 600x800 now with the pci card.
I will try your suggestions.

 Aloha! Al Plant -Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.80/mo.  Member Small
Business Hawaii.
Running Caldera Linux 2.4 & Free BSD 4.0 UNIX
Support Open Source in Business and Computing.