rpm verify

jay jay at musubi.org
Mon Jun 25 16:42:23 PDT 2001

try rpmfind.net

after you install it, try something like:

lsof -i TCP:1-60000     <-- as root

it'll list what process is running on what port.
altho it sounds like you've been rooted, so you might
as well just archive what you've got for later perusal
and then reinstall.

optionally, if you don't have any pressing need to use
that machine, unplug it from the network and run something
like the coroner's toolkit on it.  i'll dig up the url if
you can't find it.

=jay