Back from the cold white north

bfarnell at gte.net bfarnell at gte.net
Mon Jun 25 06:03:44 PDT 2001

Deven Phillips wrote:

> Hi all,
> Hats and informing on them. Personally, I want to go, but I don't want
> to be an informant. Should I take the trip on the Navy's dime and just
> lie to the agent, or should I take the moral high ground and decline the
> invitation????

Tell them you are not a good liar and that you don't want to learn to be
better at it.  Betraying friendships is not a path towards happiness.
Ask them if they would be more interested in using you to recruit
experts. Cracker vs cracker is honorable, betraying friendship isn't.

"Hunt well and nobly all things good."

Brian