MS office 2000

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Jun 21 23:13:59 PDT 2001

StarOffice 5.2 has excellent MS Office file compatibility with .DOC, .XLS
and .PPT (Word, Excel, Powerpoint w/o some types of embedded objects).
OpenOffice 6.0 alpha test builds have nearly perfect compatibility.  Most
normal documents have no problem opening or saving in MS Office format.

StarOffice 5.2
http://www.sun.com/products/staroffice/get.html

OpenOffice 6.0 - alpha test builds
http://www.openoffice.org/

OpenOffice will eventually be released as StarOffice 6.0 later this year.
This will be an exciting release for the open source community.
Just think:
99.99% Microsoft Office file compatibility
Equation Editor (not included in MS Office)
Full Chinese, Japanese, Korean input support
Free