DHCP & Cable modem

Chris M. Rafael thecomputerguy at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jun 18 14:23:26 PDT 2001

Aloha,

I have set up numerous systems in the past and
have never had a problem setting up RR.  I recently
obtained Redhat 7.1, and now I can't seem to establish
a connection.

My tested my Ethernet cards any they both work on my
internal network, when I change they type of connection
from "none" to "DHCP" on the Network Configuration tool
and click on "activate" the connection fails.  The
error I get is "Operation timed out".

I noticed there are a lot of new features in 7.1, is there
something different that I need to configure?

Mahalo,
chris