FreeS/WAN

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Jun 14 02:58:41 PDT 2001

I don't have a solution to your problem, but I have similar problems with
VLANs and Linux.  Everything I know about networking is based upon my
observations of Linux interacting with the Cisco network at my work place.
I know almost nothing about the Cisco hardware itself... perhaps some of you
could answer some of these questions.

Are the VLAN's a Cisco proprietary thing?
Are there normally ways of adding arbitrary systems to different VLAN's
using the Cisco controls?
Can a host exist on more than one VLAN?
Can Linux be VLAN aware, or does it simply exist on the virtual network
segment that it is placed in the network settings?