Dynamic NAT using Linux

whenever whatever at whoever.net
Tue Jun 5 12:02:48 PDT 2001

Thank you, I took a look at it, it does static mapping, ie. 1.2.3.0/24 --to 3.4.5.0/24.  I wounder if it's a port from bsd's ipfilter, bsd's ipfilter does dynamic mapping with block-in(if I remember right) if you need to lock onto the ip for some softwares.  If netmap module does 1.2.3.0/16 --to 3.4.5.0/24 would be nice.  Did anyone do performance test between bsd and linux as a fw? have any numbers flying around? speed differance with stateful and stateless?

Thanks again Myles.