Presentations For ITEC - Submit Early!!!

Deven Phillips dphillips at viata.com
Mon Jul 30 19:56:51 PDT 2001

Hi All,

	I would like to ask anyone interested in helping at the ITEC conference
to send me an E-Mail describing what they are capable of helping with,
and when. I would like to know what sorts of presentations the groups
propose. Remember, this open source and not just Linux; so *BSD, OSS
Windows software, and anything of the type is asked for and appreciated.
If you don't know Linux well, perhaps you can help us configure Windows
clients for Linux services. Also, if you would like to do a full
presentation (i.e. in a conference room for an audience) I need your
synopsis by one week from today (August 6th). We will also need booth
people for the two days, so start asking your bosses now for the time
off. I would like to reach a goal of at least three people in the booth
at any one time. One of the three people should be fairly knowledgeable.
Also, if you feel the need to troll on Windows, DO NOT APPLY!!! I will
not tolerate "Windows Sucks" in our booth. If you must say the Windows
is inferior, then you need to say it in a convincing way. Use real world
statistics and not FUD. Make people believe in you and the software by
being professional and polite.

	Please dress appropriately for booth duty. I would prefer Slacks and a
polo/aloha shirt. If anyone needs a Linux related clothing item and can
wear a men's medium, let me know. Linux/Open-Source T-Shirts are
acceptable if they appear unthreatening (i.e. 'Got Root' is no good). We
will be interacting with many people who are well established
professionals in the field, and hacker kids don't impress them. We need
to interact with the visitors on their own level.

	My final request is as follows. Microsoft will be holding a
DirectAccess/TechNet in conjunction with the conference, just like last
year. I would like at least 4 other VERY knowledgeable people to attend
some of the talks with me to shoot down FUD with FACT. If you do not
know your Linux/Open Source statistics, please don't try to fake it. The
five people who go will be meeting several times before the event to
plan and study. I promise to bring back plenty of goodies from
LinuxWorld next month, so I'll be supplying as much swag as I can.

Thanks for your support!!!!

Deven Phillips, CISSP
Network Architect
Viata Online, Inc.

--
Sorry if the spelling sucks, but my laptop battery is runn....