PERL scripts

Brian Farnell bfarnell at gte.net
Sun Jul 29 07:49:48 PDT 2001

andersons001 at hawaii.rr.com wrote:
>  The majority of my first 10-50 line Perl scripts were based on one or more scripts
> that are available for download at the O'Reilly website under each Perl book,
> or in other books at Borders. I would think a study of Perl would begin with
> a good book or info from the Web.

I think we are thinking the same thing.  My reason for asking is that I
learned BASH by taking apart, modifying and re-assembling BASH scripts
with an occasional consultation to man-pages.  Back then, I was doing it
as part of work.  My problem now is that I have no work that requires
PERL.  I can read books forever, but without a project to modify or
inprove or combine I have no homework.  My single user system doesn't
require many PERL scripts, so I want to view someone elses.  As far as
O'Reilly, I have the PERL CD library, I just want something to play
with.
Thanks,
Brian