CJK input support?

James A. stroble at hawaii.edu
Fri Jul 20 03:06:04 PDT 2001

My only experience (so far!) is getting Japanese input to work in Xemacs
with mule.  The first thing is to have the language support installed
(task-japanese package in Debian, if I remember correctly. Adjust to
taste). Be sure the appropriate fonts are installed. Then there seem to
be several input packages, (Xcin, Wnn, canna) but I have not managed to
get any of them working yet.  The best place for information on Japanese
is http://www.tlug.gr.jp/craigoda/writings/linux-nihongo/

Gambate,
andy....

Brian Farnell wrote:

> Warren Togami wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone here use Chinese, Japanese or Korean input support under Linux?
> > I am setting up a demo computer for the school, and I want to be sure I'm
> > not missing anything because I don't understand don't languages myself.
> >
> > ---
> > You are currently subscribed to luau as: bfarnell at gte.net
>
> No, I don't but I desperately want them on my computer.  I may not know
> much about linux, but I am a Chinese linguist
<snip>
--
*  James (Andy) Stroble

Wherever you go, there you are.