CJK input support?

Brian Farnell bfarnell at gte.net
Fri Jul 20 05:45:22 PDT 2001

Warren Togami wrote:

> Does anyone here use Chinese, Japanese or Korean input support under Linux?
> I am setting up a demo computer for the school, and I want to be sure I'm
> not missing anything because I don't understand don't languages myself.
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to luau as: bfarnell at gte.net

No, I don't but I desperately want them on my computer.  I may not know
much about linux, but I am a Chinese linguist and have worked with
several WIndows based CJK support systems.  I read mainland (short form)
decently and can struggle through Taiwan/Hong Kong long form (GB vs
Big5).  If you want me to drop by, we might both be able to help each
other.  Thanks again for the CDs, the install went like a dream
(especially compared to the Debian install I survived), even easier than
Mandrake 7.1.

Brian