port log

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Jul 19 21:55:45 PDT 2001

E-mail, stock quotes, and web are client applications where your connections
go outward.  File sharing is probably listening to those TCP or UDP ports.
Try this under Win4Lin

netstat -an

Those ports are waiting for incoming TCP connections, which will never
arrive.  You must tell Linux to forward those ports to the internal virtual
machine, that should be identified by an IP address.  That way any
connections to those ports from the outside will connect to the Win4Lin
session.

Can you ping your Win4Lin session from Linux, and Win4Lin ping Linux?