Speaking of Windows success stories ....

Ron Honda ron308linux at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Jul 10 02:37:04 PDT 2001

I've lost Windows 98 after installing new software and patches more times
than I can remember. I use a Win 98 start up disk(you did mention that you
could boot from a floppy right?) and when prompted, select "start computor
with CD rom support". I then follow through with a re-install, which I have
found doesn't wipe out my previous configuration. The first time that I did
this re-install, I was plesantly surprised to find that my desktop and
browser settings and favorites were all still there. The only problem was
that Windows took over the boot loader, and I lost LILO. I'm not very
experienced with fixing Linux yet, so I simply re-installed Linux after I
get Win 98 back up and running. I know that this isn't a very technical
solution to your problem, but it's the only one that I know. I run two duel
boot machines win98/mandrake 8.0 and win98/RH 7.1 but do the bulk of my
internet stuff on my iMac. Good luck.