Flash in Konquerer web browser

Rodney Kanno pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jul 9 18:56:30 PDT 2001

Hi Jeff,

I must be blind or something because I did what you said and I went to
configure Konquerer,  in the configure menu, I chose the browser settings and
then clicked on all the tabs. I couldn't find any place to set the directory
for plugins. There is a plugin tab, but there is only an option to enable
plugins globally and nothing else. I am using Mandrake 8 and KDE 2.1.2. Do I
need an update or something?

Thanks,
Rodney

On Monday 09 July 2001 04:23 pm, you wrote:
> Hello Rodney,
>
>     Konqueror seems to work with most of the netscape 4.x plugins.
>  Here's how one might enable the Flash player plugin for Konqueror.
>  First, install NS 4.x with the Flash plugin. Then fire up Konqueror,
> and click Settings - Configure Konqueror to tell it where the plugins
> are - probably in the /netscape/plugins directory.
> Note- you probably don't actually _have_ to install Netscape- you could
> just download the Flash plugin from Macromedia's site.
> Second note- many sites use stupid Javascript "Flash detectors" to see
> if you have Flash capability and will serve you a non-Flash version
> since Konqueror doesn't respond correctly.  As an example, if I load the
> Macromedia site with Konqueror and the Flash plugin, it gives me the
> non-Flash version, but if I hit the link to the Flash-enabled page, all
> of the Flash stuff is displayed correctly.
>
> Flash authors should use the technique of loading a tiny Flash movie
> that will load the main Flash movie on a page with a very short
> auto-refresh to a non-Flash page.  That way, visitors with a Flash
> plugin will get the movie, regardless of what some flaky javascript
> program says, and all else will receive regular HTML.
>
> -Jeff
>
> Rodney Kanno wrote:
> >Hello everyone,
> >
> >Has anyone been able to get Konquerer to view flash enabled websites
> >correctly? How'd you do it?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Rodney
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to luau as: pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com

If at first you don't succeed.....destroy all the evidence that you did!

Odlanor Zurc