Networking Question

Nelson Garcia garcian002 at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jul 7 16:07:35 PDT 2001

Are interfaces up? (ifconfig)
Can each machine ping other machines? (maybe a bad cross-over cable)
How are you looking up names and ip addresses? That may not necessarily mean
that the machines are talking.

First thing I would check is 'ifconfig' on both machines.
If both machines' interfaces are up, I would go after the cable.

I hope that helps.
Nelson