Networking Question

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jul 7 15:45:26 PDT 2001

Aloha all,
	I am still trying to get my two computers to talk to each other at home.
 Here is a brief rundown on what I have to work with and what I want to
do.  I have one VALinux StartX MP and a Sparc20.   Both machines are
running RedHat Linux 6.2, one version for Intel, one for Sparc.  I am
using a rolled ethernet cable to connect the two boxes. My VALinux box
will use the IP address 192.168.1.10 and is named "VALinux."  The Sparc20
is 192.168.1.20 and is called "sparky."  So far the name and IP addresses
lookup OK, but I cannot ping, ssh, or telnet across the LAN yet.  Any
ideas what I should try next, or where I should look to fix this??
Thanks in advance,
Ben