Dual booting with XP

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Jul 5 16:23:21 PDT 2001

> I recently got Win XP RC1 and I was wondering if anyone has been able to dual
> boot with linux or if anyone knows if it's possible to do so, I'm trying to
> upgrade my Win98/RH 7.1 box but I'm in doubt maybe I won't be able to boot
> with LILO can anyone help?
Well I know that the 64bit version will have issues, because it doesn't use a MBR
anymore.. it uses some new standard intel pioneered.  Shouldn't affect you though.
http://slashdot.org/askslashdot/01/05/19/2355206.shtml

You might look into xosl... it's pretty cool:
http://www.xosl.org/

> Also if anyone is interested in trying XP out let me know, I know is not open
> source but is only a release candidate so no problem there
NO thanks.

--Ray