Upgrading rpm packages

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Jul 5 02:48:12 PDT 2001

> Hi,
>
> So that's the problem....thanks for you explanation, that makes things a lot
> clearer for me. I think I will search for the mandrake version and not mess
> up the rpmdb.
Yeah, actually I already checked cooker (which has the latest mandrake rpms)
and they aren't at 1.0.1 yet, so your left with waiting or installing from another
distribution's set of rpms (and potentially screwings things up).  I think in this
case you should be okay.  Just remember to do -i instead of -U so that
libmng1 doesn't get removed from the db.  The reason for this is because
Mandrake packages that depend on libmng will list libmng1 as a dependency,
and if you do an Upgrade instead of install, libmng1 will be taken out of the
db and no mandrake packages that depend on libmng will know that you have
the library installed.  What do you need this for btw?  Mozilla?

--Ray