Upgrading rpm packages

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Jul 4 20:11:01 PDT 2001

I just checked Mandrake's Cooker where they keep their latest builds of
their packages.  They still have a 1.00 libmng.
ftp://sunsite.uio.no/pub/unix/Linux/Mandrake-devel/cooker/cooker/Mandrake/RP
MS.cooker/

However Red Hat's Rawhide has a libmng-1.0.1.  Here is a very fast mirror
that I usually use.
ftp://ftp.proxad.net/mirrors/ftp.redhat.com/rawhide/i386/RedHat/RPMS/

You could try uninstalling Mandrake's "libmng1", and install Red Hat's
package Rawhide.  It may work.

Something that I like about Red Hat is their Rawhide tends to be more up to
date than Mandrake's Cooker.