Plan for the New LUAU

Zachary Taylor ztaylor at aloha.net
Sat Jan 27 08:39:45 PST 2001

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Chris Wong wrote:

> > Is this question regarding concerns about things that must be voted upon and
> > its relation to the designation of "member"?  Here's my idea regarding that.

	I think that if you are subscribed to the list, but don't attend
meetings, functions, etc you should still be considered a member.

> I think votes should be taken off the list. It generates too much useless
> traffic and so much for a secret ballot. Plus, it's still too easy to
> stuff the ballot.

	I don't think that we even need to vote for the group
coordinators. Let whoever wants to do it, do it. I do't think that we have
to many members that have the time to be the coordinator. Besides this
position was never meant to be a leader of the group, just to coordinate
things for the group. My two cents.