More about webpage editing

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Wed Jan 24 16:46:30 PST 2001

Quanta is not a WYSIWYG editor, and allows you to work in raw HTML
without the banalities of the grunt work.  For example, I often need to
have multiple files open and copy snippets of code between them.  With
Quanta, I merely select the paragraph or whatever with the mouse from
one file, click on the (already open) file that I want to transfer to,
and middle click where I want the code to be pasted.  It's much faster
than using keystroke sequences, I can very easily look at and compare
multiple files, and learning to use it took about 2 minutes.  Also,
instead of typing out things like <font size=+1...   blah, blah, I can
just click and drop.  If I didn't know all of the tags beforehand, I
wouldn't be able to do that much, but I'm able to completely control the
code in less time than if I used a plain editor.   Unlike a horrible
program such as M$ Frontpage, which tries to hide the HTML from you,
always mangles it and uses dumb M$-only code, Quanta (or Bluefish)
allows full control with greater productivity.  It comes with a great
built-in HTML reference as well, for those times when you can't remember
the syntax for a particular form feature.

;)

-Jeff