Sun Netra X servers?

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Jan 21 14:56:58 PST 2001

I'm thinking about buying one of these Sun Netra X servers.
http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/hw/networking/netrax/X1/index.html
Can't beat this price for a 1U.  However, it doesn't have a video, keyboard,
mouse or CD-ROM.

Anyone know where to get a RJ45 to DB9 serial cable which I would need to
adminster is thing?  This is a simple matter of plugging the other end into
a serial port and using a program like minicom right?

The other thing that worries me is reloading the operating system.  Without
a CD-ROM drive, would I be able to install Linux or Solaris and the boot
loader (SILO?) on this thing by plugging the hard drive into an Intel
machine, or would I need another Sun machine?

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com