telnet

Rodney Davis rodney at wincubic.com
Tue Feb 13 13:26:56 PST 2001

I can't get telnet to work correctly.  When I try connecting from a remote
machine the connection is refused.  I have checked my /etc/hosts.deny (all
commented out) and /etc/hosts.allow (ALL : ALL : allow) and made sure that
telnet is uncommented on inetd.conf.  And, I restarted /etc/rc.d/init/inet
after doing all of this. When I telnet in it hangs for a second or to after
connection and then it is rejected.

Are there any dependencies that I am missing and need to start in order to
get telnet working correctly?  What else should I do to get this running.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

rodney

BTW, dist.: Mandrake 7.2