Router help request

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Mon Dec 31 10:16:50 PST 2001

What you need to do is configure the router exactly as you would if it
were a normal client using the settings given to you by your ISP (this
is probably DHCP for a cable modem/non-PPPoE DSL), then set up ip
masquerading on it.  On the clients behind your router (the ones to be
masqueraded and won't have a public IP), assign them an IP in the range
you told your router to masquerade, and set your router as their default
gateway.  These internal clients need not know a thing about the outside
world other than that they can get there through your router.

--MonMotha