Help on compiling

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Sat Dec 15 00:18:56 PST 2001

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, whenever wrote:
>	Have anyone encounter with "collect2: ld returned 1 exit status"
>while you are compiling ? is it a libtool bug and know any fix to it?
>cut and pasted the last section:
>
>services.o: In function `convert_context':
>/usr/src/selinux/module/checkpolicy/../../../lsm/security/selinux/ss/services.c:798: undefined reference to `mls_convert_context'
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>make[1]: *** [checkpolicy] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/selinux/module/checkpolicy'
>make: *** [checkpolicy/checkpolicy] Error

The error is the 'undefined reference to mls_convert_context'.  It is not
a libtool bug.  It is a configuration problem.  You need to find out where
the function mls_convert_context is defined.  Most likely, it is a
function in a library and the library is missing.

I need to see more of the build log to determine where the problem is.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org