Linux-related storefront?

Lockhart, Charles Charles.Lockhart at SpirentCom.COM
Tue Dec 11 21:15:23 PST 2001

I don't know, sounds tough.  I worked in a 100% mac store in Seattle for a
few months, and our customers were FLAKY and INSANE.  My experience with the
average linux user doesn't seem to indicate that they're going to be easier
to deal with in a business sense.  One of the things that made the mac store
work was they also did a lot of contract systems engineering as well,
setting up and maintaining the networks of several businesses, some of them
pretty big.

On the other hand, if you do open a store, can I put my order for a vi mug
in now ;?)

I will say this though, I personally would love to find a decent vendor here
in Hawaii that will support their products even moderately.  I recently had
to buy a new workstation for, uh, work, and wanted to buy locally.  I
couldn't even get anybody to respond to my requests for quotes.  I emailed a
few places what I wanted, never heard from them, finally called them up, "oh
yeah, we got your email, we'll get back to you when somebody feels like it."
So now I have a nice new Dell box, runs good, but has a really crappily
constructed case.  I ordered it, took 1 week to get here.  Still haven't
heard from the people I requested quotes from.

-Charles, Voodoo Priest