printer drivers

joel jijoel at lava.net
Tue Dec 11 13:15:33 PST 2001

I think you'll be able to make it work by running CUPS. The HP LaserJet 4050
is listed in the stp driver database, so stp should be able to handle your
printer. Check out http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_driver.cgi?driver=stp
for details.

At the Linux Hardware Database site (lhd.datapower.com), there is a comment
that the print quality is good in Linux, auto-duplexing is supported, and the
driver comes  pre-installed with Mandrake 8.0, so you might not even need to
install anything special. For more info, see
http://lhd.datapower.com/db/dispproduct.php3?DISP?2847#drivers.

--Joel