TuxPPC: SuSE 7.3 for PowerPC Review

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Dec 7 01:50:36 PST 2001

http://www.tuxppc.org/articles.php?single=738+index=0
SuSE 7.3 for PowerPC Review

Very positive review of SuSE 7.3 for PowerPC.  I heard similar comments
from other SuSE users.  Sounds like SuSE is a sure winner for Mac Linux
users.

"What impressed me most were the manuals. The first one, SuSE Linux 7.3
PowerPC Edition, The Handbook, about 380 pages, covers Installation,
Configuration and some Know How. The second one, SuSE Linux 7.3 Network,
about 165 pages, covers Setup, Configuration, Monitoring and Security.
Both manuals are VERY well made and I think they are already worth more
than the whole package. They cover all kind of topics, from booting with
yaboot over using KOffice or configuring your ADSL line. I think it's
going to be of great value to new Linux users and to those that want to
improve their knowledge. I'm sure everyone will find a little hint in
them. The last SuSE manual I had seen was from 6.4 and although that one
was already not that bad, compared to the 7.3 manuals, it's a difference
between day and night."

http://www.suse.com/us/products/suse_linux/ppc/system_requirements.html
Before you buy, be sure to check the System Requirements page here to
make sure your system is supported.