Planning for ITEC

Robert Green aloha_moon at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 12:28:58 PDT 2001

--- sandi at sandust.com wrote:

> Booth presentations
> It was decided that internet connectivity is not necessary.  We
> will have our own internal network.  It might be a good idea to use
> some of Warren's wiki pages on the server to show as a web page.
> Linux terminal server/thin clients
> Samba PDC
> Live Install (this will take place at 11 am and 2 PM daily) (this
> needs ownership)
> Backup prepared presentation - something that can be run through
> like a slide show, in case other things are not working (this needs
> ownership)

I am working on a slide show typoe thing that can be used as a backup
presentation or just left to run on an idle machine for people to
look at if they aren't feeling interactive  -- the idea behind it
being a slide show showcasing Open Source as a commercial and/or
desktop solution, and probably showcasing its strengths in comparison
with commercial apps.