?? meeting announcement confirmation ??

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Aug 22 20:05:28 PDT 2001

The issue is that we are almost "given" the booth for free, because we are a
non-profit organization that helps the community.  Otherwise we would have
to pay probably thousands of dollars for the priveledge of having a booth.

It is okay to push Linux and other free software because we do not directly
push commerical interests.  Indirectly this will generate more business for
OSS products and local consultants, if we are successful in showing the
capabilities of OSS that most people are not possible.