?? meeting announcement confirmation ??

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Wed Aug 22 19:57:46 PDT 2001

Warren Togami wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I don't think that would be possible.  The ITEC organizers
> made it very clear that we would get the booth free of charge (aside from
> 2-day expenses) as long as we keep it completely non-commercial.  The cost
> for a phone line for the 2-day event is $250, and I don't think we can get
> the phone company to point the DSL to that phone line beforehand.
>
> Unless somebody has a cell phone modem that works in Linux, we probably will
> have to live without the Internet for ITEC.

#################

Too bad Micro$oft has that much clout.

Will they throw us out for promoting Linux/Unix based
systems? That's what it sounds like. I hear that Peter Kay
is involved and he's NT all the way even though it's so
vulnerable.

 Aloha! Al Plant -Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.80/mo.  Member Small
Business Hawaii.
Running Caldera Linux 2.4 & Free BSD 4.0 UNIX
Support Open Source in Business and Computing.