Caldera OpenLinux 3.1

Jim Roby jroby at aloha.net
Thu Aug 16 18:57:47 PDT 2001

Don't remember the version,was about a yr ago...installation was a total
snap.Hardest thing was finding a way to a command line.Graphics were
brilliant,with the ability to configure 4 X-desktops,it came with
Word Perfect.It was a nice desktop enviroment that could be recomended
to a novis,but we had trouble getting it to co-exist with Windoz...stand
alone was a piece of cake.We ran into the 1032 barrior,where the OS to
boot,needs to be in the front of the disk.
The configuration utility was too easy...for myself,I longed for Red Hat,
but Caldara is slick for a newbee X desktop.

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, W. Wayne Liauh wrote:

> A friend of mind told me of his experience with Caldera Workstation
> 3.1.  As much as I have recently been impressed by RedHat 7.1, I must
> admit that, based on what I was told, Caldera may be much better suited
> for desktops.
>
> I don't seem to see Caldera at CompUSA.  Does anyone have any experience
> with the Caldera 3.1?  Thanx.
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to luau as: jroby at ALOHA.NET

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
 as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
                                    -- Thomas Jefferson