Linux Thin Clients - "Office-Worker Linux: It's Here and It Works"

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Tue Aug 14 01:24:29 PDT 2001

I recently installed RH 7.1 with KDE, and was very impressed as to how
things have changed from a year ago.  Before I try to find answers
myself, there are a couple of questions:

(1)  I don't seem to find a quick and easy way to do power management
from KDE.  An "xset +dpms" command from the xterm does not do the
trick.  Am I missing something?

(2) One of the advantages of X 4.0.2 and latter is the anti-alias
fonts.  Is there any script to turn this on?

(3) Is there any way to defaut into KDE?

I have some other issues but they are mainly involving the WordPerfect
suite.  Basically I am awaiting a stablized version of WINE, and will
discuss this issue later.

Cheers!