Redhat WinMe Dual boot Pentium 4

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Aug 7 21:38:16 PDT 2001

Is your LILO on hda configured to run WinMe on a partition of hdb, like
hdb1, or hdb itself?  If it is trying to boot hdb directly, then it looks
like you have an earlier LILO installation on that drive.  Try adjusting the
config to boot the WinMe partition rather than the drive.

If that doesn't work, then Windows Me may not like booting C: when it is the
slave drive.  You may need to make WinMe /dev/hda with LILO in the MBR or
small /boot partition, and that can boot Linux on /dev/hdb.

Let me know if you need any help.