Presentations For ITEC - Submit Early!!!

Deven Phillips dphillips at viata.com
Thu Aug 2 14:29:38 PDT 2001

Robert,

	I particularly like KPresenter. It woks well, and does the auto-slide
feature. The only presentation software that I like more (For Windows of
Linux) is Corel Presents. I wholeheartedly recommend KPresenter to
anyone.

Deven Phillips, CISSP
Network Architect
Viata Online, Inc.

Robert Green wrote:

> I will probably be unable to get the time off to be there for
> presentations or manning the booth, but I am working on a slide show
> type presentation that can be run in auto-pilot on one of the
> machines at the booth - so far I had in mind to list a comparison of
> the open source versus commercial software and the potential savings,
> some FAQ-type questions and answers, and other things to help present
> open source to onlookers.
>
> I haven't done any work with slide show type presentations yet, but I
> had figured to use KPresenter. I have heard that StarOffice has a
> presentation type program as well as something called MagicPoint
> also.
>
> If anybody (Deven, others) has worked with Linux presentation
> software and has suggestions, I would welcome them.
>
> I'd also welcome other input into things I can add to the content of
> the slide show. I intend to get a basic framework, and then expand
> the content as much as is possible right up until the time of the
> conference.
>
> Aloha,
>
> Rob.
>
> --- "W. Wayne Liauh" <LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
> > Excellent assey.  If Windows is not good, how come over 90% of all
> > PC users are
> > using it?
> >
> > There is no question that Microsoft Windows is an excellent system.
> >  But, due to
> > some of its inherent deep-rooted design flaws, it may not serve
> > tomorrow's, or
> > even today's computing need.  And we believe this is where Linux
> > will come in.
> > But it will take some time.

Sorry if the spelling sucks, but my laptop battery is runn....