Presentations For ITEC - Submit Early!!!

Robert Green aloha_moon at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 14:24:25 PDT 2001

I will probably be unable to get the time off to be there for
presentations or manning the booth, but I am working on a slide show
type presentation that can be run in auto-pilot on one of the
machines at the booth - so far I had in mind to list a comparison of
the open source versus commercial software and the potential savings,
some FAQ-type questions and answers, and other things to help present
open source to onlookers.

I haven't done any work with slide show type presentations yet, but I
had figured to use KPresenter. I have heard that StarOffice has a
presentation type program as well as something called MagicPoint
also.

If anybody (Deven, others) has worked with Linux presentation
software and has suggestions, I would welcome them.

I'd also welcome other input into things I can add to the content of
the slide show. I intend to get a basic framework, and then expand
the content as much as is possible right up until the time of the
conference.

Aloha,

Rob.