Does anyone on thid list Knows how to read spanish? if so check this out!! Microsoft Latin America and Linux.

Nelson Garcia garcian002 at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Aug 1 17:12:04 PDT 2001

Gracias Julio,

Seems like pretty sleazy propaganda.  I guess it is aimed at a market where
there are less controls.  The article borders on false advertisement.

The closing quote is a gem:
"No se deje engañar, Windows 2000 Server es el mejor sistema operativo
disponible hoy en el mercado."
Translation:
"Don't be fooled, Windows 200 Server is the best operating system available
in the market."

MS is basically telling their customers that they are dumb enough to be
fooled and that MS is there to look out for them.
MS has not done much lately to maintain whatever trust they had with their
customers, I'm surprised they would use such a quote.

Oh well, my brother in the Dominican Republic tells me that Linux and OSS is
big in Latin America (some countries even require software to be open
source).  He also said that the vast majority of Microsoft software that
gets used is pirated anyway and that most people view Microsoft as too
clumsy and stupid to do anything about it.

Adios.
Nelson