How to shut down

Jeffrey Wong jmwong at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Thu Apr 26 15:00:51 PDT 2001

Another good book to read, if you happen to be in to that kind of thing,
is Essential System Administration by Aeleen Frisch.  It cover just about
the exact same materials as UNIX System Administration Handbook but is
presented in a slightly different manner.  Some people have a hard time
with one but not the other so it kinda depends what kind of background you
come from.  Also, if you are coming from an NT background, Aeleen Frisch
also wrote 'Essential Windows NT System Administration' which is the same
book, but rewritten with examples from NT instead of Unix systems.  If you
look at both books side by side, you can get a nice idea of how to move
your NT skills over Unix.  I should also point out that these books are
aimed toward administers and not really good books for the beginning user.
If anyone knows of a good 'beginners guide to Unix' type book, I'm sure
there are people on this mailing list that would love to know of them.

Jeff Wong