Blocking web sites....

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Apr 19 01:33:21 PDT 2001

Aloha all,

	I would like to be able to block a certain website at certain times of
the day to limit access.  I am thinking that I can use a script and add it to a
crontab file for root and run the script as appropriate to block the site when
I want it closed, and open it up later when desired.  As part of my efforts, I
have tinkered with adding the web site IP addresses to my firewall, and also
to my /etc/hosts.deny file.   For some reason, the website still loads when I
do this so I don't know what's up.  Any ideas????

Thanks in advance,

Ben